Site search

19202122232425
262728293031

Categories

Tags

Blogroll

Sock Block

A few weeks ago, one of my dear friends saw all of my unfinished projects and significantly guilted me about them… so much so that I finished all but one of my on-the-needles socks (and that one is the second to one that’s been lingering a LONG time). Which leaves me with 7 single socks. Seven. Luckily, guess what I got for Christmas?My Father Made me sock blockersMy dad made me some sock blockers!!! Yay! And they’re the perfect size… and the perfect amount because if you include the the two sock blockers I had prior…all my sock blockersI have exactly enough blockers to nicely display each of my seven single socks… which, when nicely displayed like such, comprise a portion of what is called my “guilt” board. It’s a bulletin board that displays each of the “singles” that are waiting for their mate. The more pretty and appealing that they look, the more I will hopefully want to finish them and get them on my feet. OOH – and I have a new rule – no more socks can be started unless there is an “empty” blocker it can hang on when it’s done. The problem?Mitten CuffI’ve got a thing for mittens lately. And no mitten blockers to restrict me.

Comments

Comment from chemgrrl
Time January 1, 2009 at 10:41 am

Oh, cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! Can’t wait to see them in person!

Comment from Emilee
Time January 1, 2009 at 10:43 am

Those socks are beautiful! That shot reminds me of Indigo Mouse’s idea to do a bunch of different mittens and hang them as art. They look very pleasing all lined up like that.Happy New Year!

Comment from Christine Guest
Time January 1, 2009 at 12:02 pm

twosomes are a pain to knit: who wants to repeat something? I Hope your block rule does the trick!-Christine

Comment from Kalani
Time January 1, 2009 at 11:29 pm

If all the sock blockers are the same size, what’s to stop you from casting on for a sock made for someone else? (They’re very pretty. Your Dad did a really nice job.)

Comment from Yolande T.
Time January 23, 2009 at 7:08 pm

I love the sock photo! What yarn did you use to make the middle sock? I love the colour.

Comment from Beth
Time February 25, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Hello! I travelled here from ravelry. I’m also a grad student in higher ed admin. – but I’m working towards my doctorate at UW-Madison. Looks like you are almost finished up with your program?! I’m taking my last class and hope to present my proposal this spring. Thankfully there’s knitting to keep me sane. Love your work, the socks are beautiful.

Write a comment